Re: Semi OT: Strange source display in Konqueror

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 17:15, Richard Hector wrote:
[...]
> When I looked, I thought maybe it was using 2-byte characters - and
> "charset=unicode utf-16" seems to back that up.
>
> Then while copying & pasting for this email, I noticed something else:
>
> charset=unicode utf-16"
>
> There's no opening quote. So perhaps Konq is failing to recognise that
> it is 16bit?

The actual tag property is content="text/html; charset=unicode utf-16"
which seems right

> richard@diamond:~/temp$ file installation.html
> installation.html: MPEG 1.0 layer 3 audio stream data,  48 kBit/s layer 2 audio stream data,  56 kBit/s, stereo
>
> MPEG??? but I guess perhaps file can't cope with 16bit data either.

hmm, looks ok here
mrroach@flmrroach:~$ file /tmp/installation.html
/tmp/installation.html: Little-endian UTF-16 Unicode HTML document
character data, with very long lines, with CRLF line terminators

sounds like a konq bug to me

-Mark