Two network cards of same type, which eth0, which eth1?

Hello,

I am going to be installing two new network cards soon, most likely
I'll be getting that cheap junk that is the rtl8139. How do I choose
which one must be eth0? Module parameters to the 8139too module? (In
the past I simply loaded the correct module first.)

Alternatively I could go to the trouble of buying two different kinds
of network cards, then I'd be open to recommendations: something not
too expensive, and of course, something that works very well with
Linux ;)

TIA,
Hugo van der Merwe