Re: mini instalation

Quoting Ivan Kolenko <sligo@lianet.ru>:
> Q. Can I install compact Debian i386 only with rescue.bin root.bin and
> driver-1.bin?
> Or base-#.bin are needed?

If you have a supported NIC, just the floppies listed plus driver-2
thru driver-4.  You use these six floppies to install a minimal
system.  The rest is installed over the network.  If your NIC is not
supported or you are doing something odd like installing from dialup,
you will need the base floppies.  I did it.  It isn't two bad.  Two
physical floppies and just keep overwriting images.  Once you have the
base systems installed, the rest is done over an Internet connection.

HTH,
  Jeffrey