Get in Trouble Now (was To Get GNOME2... )

Dear all.

Thanks for the clues on GNOME2.

But before I read the emails, I've already tried the ported GNOME2 for woody.

It was working great.
Until the time, I felt, It's the wrong thing. I should do it from the official place. And so I apt-get remove gnome (all the thing I previously installed)

Take sid as my sources list,
Do an upgrade with dselect.

After about 250Megs, I notice that because of gnome was previously removed, I have to reinstall it again.

But the funny thing is, dselect only shows me gnome 1.4. Being unable to found gnome2, I installed it anyway. After a while, I think I've got gnome2 installed again. I recognise the similar looks, but not so sure.

But I do notice that gdm is back to the gnome1.4 version. And the font become very ugly.

Now I'm totally mess up.
How do I downgrade to testing and reinstall the ported version only?

Or is there any better solutions?
Should I just wait till gnome2 enter sids?

Currently I use sid and sarge as my sources.list.

Sorry if my informations is very unstructured. I'm confuse now.

;-)

Best Regards,
arief_mulya