Re: some doubts - [newbie]

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 01:29:19PM -0300, Gilberto Garcia Jr. wrote:
> 2) which is the easiest way to upgrade jdk 1.3.1 to jdk 1.4.1?

You can get them from blackdown.org, but I think they only exist for
sarge and sid.  They even have .debs and an apt source.

> 3) how can I get a new ssl certificate? I have apache-ssl installed and now
> the certificate has expired.

You can make your own using mksslcert, but browsers may/will complain
about them.  Your transactions will be secure though.

> 4) why a simple hello word program in java, that works fine on windows,
> return this error on linux (java.lang.NoDefFoundError)

Because you haven't setup Java properly, I guess.

Hah, good to know.  Mutt's well known for executing arbitrary code that
strangers send to me.  At least that nearly has a proper signature header
though, but you only want two dashes :)

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>				http://ertius.org/