Re: KNOPPIX and it configure.

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 08:22:12AM +0200, Egor Tur wrote:
> Hi folk.
> I want to use KNOPPIX for create my LaTex documents. But I can not
> reconfigure LaTex distributive because files of tetex are on CD. Can I
> do this. (Now I need reconfigure hyphenations). Thanx.

Note: I've never used knoppix.

LaTeX will read files in /usr/local/lib/texmf (and I think you can
create a texmf directory in your $HOME as well).  I presume knoppix
has the ability to mount _some_ parts of the filesystem read-write?  a
read-only $HOME seems like a waste of time.  If you have the ability
to create a writable /usr/local, do that and have fun.

  See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't create
  jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or something.  But
  the government will spend it, thereby creating jobs.
          -- Dave Barry