can't connect to mysql on debian

I have a debian woody box running mysql from apt-get.

PHP4 on the same box can connect ok, but I cannot connect from another
machine on the same subnet.

Do I have to specifically allow other non localhost connections ?

Thanks

Matt

Children's Cancer Institute Australia is the only independent medical
research institute in Australia solely devoted to research into the causes,
prevention and cure of childhood cancer. Our vision is to save the lives of
all children with cancer and eliminate their suffering.
http://www.ccia.org.au