Blender menu problems

I am running the testing distribution of Debian and have problems with the application 'blender'.

On launching the program it automatically spans the whole screen, seems to work outside of the window manager (i.e. no window decoration) and most importantly the menus are drawn (when selected) about quater of the screen down.

I have not tried blender since using testing and the only thing I have added to testing is the new gnome2.2 debs from:

## Backport of Gnome2 for Woody
deb http://mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody gnome2.2/
deb-src http://mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody gnome2.2/

Any clues??