Re: Problems downloading Knoppix SUCCESS

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:19, csj@mindgate.net wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:39:34 -0500,
>
> Levi Waldron wrote:
> > On February 4, 2003 08:13 am, bob parker wrote:
> > > Well I just completed downloading Knoppix using my steam
> > > powered dial up connection.
> > >
> > > I started on 27 January.
>
> Wow, that's fast. I need a little under a month to download a 700
> MB cd image.
>
> > That's such a sad story, if you have a hard time fixing the
> > download let me know and I'll mail a KNOPPIX cd to you.  -Levi

I finally got there with this, firstly where to get it.

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html#order

On that page toward the bottom, there is a list of rsync, ftp, and http
mirrors.

I then used rsync to correct the error.

$ rsync -I -vv
rsync://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/knoppix/KNOPPIX_V3.1-2003-01-20-EN.iso
KNOPPIX_V3.1-2003-01-20-EN.iso

I had already ftp: the iso, and it was the correct size and date, so I had to
use the -I option to force it to check the image and update the erroneous
segments. That option is I for India, not l for lollypop. The long form
option is --ignore-times.

Thanks to all who replied.

Bob Parker