From: Don Hayward [mailto:don@mote.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 12:57 PM
To: Victor Stan
Cc: Rus Foster; debian
Subject: RE: must.. surpress ... murderous rage.... (simple boot floppy
qveshtion)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Victor Stan wrote:

> Here is what I get if I do mkboot, a lost and found folder and a vmlinuz
> file. I tried this before, it doesn't work, but in the man it says
something
> about if lilo is in use it des something with lilo??? I don't want
anything
> but a simple straightforward way to make a simple straightforward boot
disk
> that is all.

Something I used to do -- haven't done it lately -- but it used to work.

cp /vmlinuz /dev/fd0

Don Hayward                     don@mote.org
Mote Marine Laboratory          Office: 941.388.4441  Cell: 941.302.4982
1600 Ken Thompson Parkway       Fax: 941.388.4312
Sarasota, FL 34236              See: http://www.mote.org
Independent, non-profit, marine and estuarine research and education
facility.
For PGP public key do: http://www.mote.org/~don/donpgp.asc
use "DISCLAIMER"; # We run Debian Linux
Taxes feed the starving and clothe the naked.