Re: VIA Tahoe onboard LAN

hi ya

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Gabriel Granger wrote:

> I'm looking into setting up a 1U rack server, I'm looking at getting a
> board with LAN ie saving the 1 pci I will have for something else, Epox
> do a motherboard with onboard LAN which is VIA Tahoe.  Does anyone know
> if this supported under debian, and if so how good it compared with
> say... 3com or other well known NIC's

most 1U chassis manufacturers do not yet support the whacky mini-itx
connector layout on the back of the eden motherboard ( aka mini-itx aka
shuttle shoebox )

there's a couple out ...  but i can get a bunch of it if needed for
testing
	http://www.Linux-1U.net/1U_Others
	( mini-itx stuff at the bottom )

c ya