Re: Dumb question: How do you reboot?

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 02:06:21AM -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> However, if you trust people enough to enable
> XDMCP for them, then you can probably trust them enough to shutdown/reboot
> the machine.

Uh...  No.

X terminals?  Thin clients?  Diskless workstations?  Any of these may
rely on an XDMCP server to provide them with something to display and
run everything remotely.  In my experience, the users on these sorts
of workstations are typically _less_ likely to be trusted than those
with self-contained workstations.  (I know I sure as hell don't want
any of the 40 people currently logged in on my XDMCP server to be
able to shut the box down...)

I stand corrected.

-Roberto