Re: Installing Debian on a Proliant DL380

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:36:58 +0100
Geert.Stappers@xs4all.nl (Geert Stappers) wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 02:30:47PM -0600, David Falk wrote:
> >

> Hello,
>

> > I cant seem to get Debian to see the hard drives. I have a Smart
> > Array controller and that is setup correctly but I cant get Debian
> > to see it. Any Suggestions?
> >

> Make a list of the several types of bootfloppies that you tried
> and ask the mailinglist debian-user for further help.
>
> This list, debian-boot, is about the install program,
> not about "the standard kernel can't see my special hardware"

I installed on Compaq Proliant, with a smart array controller a couple
of moths ago, i forget which flavour of kernel i used, but one of them
definately the patch required to recognise and boot from it.

I googled this url, it was very helpfull, the same applies to woody as
it did for potato.

http://www.joelschneider.net/compaq_proliant_1500_debian_potato.html

Glenn