RE: About user nobody

I remember using it in older versions of RedHat.  Somethings didn't seem to
work quite right all the time then, and IIRC, things weren't getting any
better.  RedHat threw up its hands and abandoned it, and AFAIK, that was
pretty much the final nail in the coffin.  Not many others would touch it w/
a ten-foot pole given the choice.  Me, I hated the way it walked all over
system configuration files (at least in RedHat).

I've never really heard anything bad about Webmin, other than some people
less than satisfied w/ the web access security?  I guess if you are in a
situation where security is that high of a priority, use ssh or physically
sit in front of the console, which ever suits your needs.  But I've always
wondered why none of the main linux distros really made a push to use
Webmin, instead of developing similarly in-house tools.  I think Mandrake
included it at least, but pushed their 'Drake' tools, and I guess Caldera
did use it for a while (do they still?), but Caldera has been IMO a fringe
player for a long time now.

Monte