Re: Fonts in XFree86/fvwm changed during update on sid

Lukas Ruf <ruf@rawip.org> writes:
> last Friday, I run an update of debian sid.
>
> Since then, the "graphical" fonts like used in mozilla or jpilot and
> xclock changed.

FWIW, I've noticed something similar: my laptop, having been
relatively off the network for a week, spontaneously changed its
default font in Galeon from Palatino to Times, even though the
selected font in the preferences is still Palatino.  Similarly, the
default font in LogJam (the only GNOME 2 application I ever really
use) is different.  xterm is fine, though, and xfontsel seems to pull
up the right font without a problem.  Working hypothesis: something in
the xft world is borked, though I don't know what right off hand, and
I haven't dug much further.  Quick poking around in the BTS doesn't
find anything obvious, but this isn't something I'm too familiar with
the guts of either.

	-- Abra Mitchell