Linux installation on a p630-6E4 (PowerPC)

Hello,

The problem I have is that my PowerPC, a p630-6E4, is a 64 bit machine. The binary I downloaded is the file debian-30r1-powerpc-binary-1_NONUS.iso, which resides on one of the debian mirrors (my CD contains the raw file, not with the contents expanded). I am told that in order to install the OS on to a 64 bit machine, I must crossbuild a ppc64 kernel and face several unpredictable hurdles along the way, which require very unconventional solutions.

Can you please give me some advise as to what is involved in installing Linux on a 64 bit powerpc, namely, the machine I have?

Thanks
Sri