Re: /var/cache/apt/archives directory

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 08:17:24PM +0530, Sharninder wrote:
> It's a silly question but i don't know where to ask. What's the use
> of all the files in the /var/cache/apt/archives directory. They all
> seem to be debs of any package that i have installed in my comp.
> ever.

It's handy so you don't have to re-fetch any packages you have
installed if you decide you want to start from scratch with that
package.  If you want to trim it back to just current packages and not
any of the old versions, apt-get auto-clean.  If you don't want any
.debs laying around once they're installed, then apt-get clean.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user