Re: Debian Sound issue - Cannot load libvorbisfile file

On Saturday, March 01, 2003 09:25 am, Seneca wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 08:13:19AM -0500, Subba Rao wrote:
> > subba9@myhost:/usr/share/sounds$ play phone.wav
> > playing phone.wav
> > sox: error while loading shared libraries: libvorbisfile.so.0: cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Do you have the package libvorbis0 installed?
>
> --
> Seneca
> seneca-cunningham@rogers.com

I'm running a testing machine with Ralf Nolden's stable backport of KDE 3.1,
and I ran into the same problem with k3b.  I have libvorbis0 and
libvorbisfile3 installed.

My solution (which has worked so far, though seems a bit iffy to me) was to
create a symlink pointing libvorbisfile.so.0 to libvorbisfile.so.3.  Once I
did this, it complained about libvorbisenc.so.0, so I did the same thing with
it -> libvorbisenc.so.2.

su root
cd /usr/lib
ln -s libvorbisfile.so.3 libvorbisfile.so.0
ln -s libvorbisenc.so.2 libvorbisenc.so.0

If this is a bad idea, someone please tell me.

Josh