Re: Setting up IPTables..
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Setting up IPTables..
- From: Haim Ashkenazi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 Mar 2003 12:12:20 +0200
- Message-id: <1046513540.14819.367.camel@parker>
- In-reply-to: <OFA251BF9A.03150C20-ON80256CDA.0033AE64@camr.org.uk>
- References: <OFA251BF9A.03150C20-ON80256CDA.0033AE64@camr.org.uk>
On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 11:27, Kevin.Bewley@camr.org.uk wrote:
> Hi all,
> Can anyone tell me where there is a HOWTO describing (or give me an
> outline of what I should do) setting up IPTables on my debian 3.0r1 box. I
> am using a self-compiled 2.4.20 kernel and connect using ppp/dialup so
> here's what I think I need to know:
> * What kernel options/modules should I compile and set with modconf?
> * What userspace stuff do I need to do?
> * Is firestarter a good way to set up a basic firewall? (It looks easy to
I don't know firestarter, but shorewall is a great way.it has many
features, easy to configure and understand, and support most of the
features that iptables support.