Re: Using one mailbox at ISP for many people

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 03:45:35PM +0000, Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> What combination of programs do I use to get one mailbox successfully
> segregated when it hits my machine?  I'm using fetchmail -> exim ->
> procmail at the moment, but I've lurked on the procmail list long enough
> not to ask about using it as a MDA (or is it an MTA that it shouldn't
> be treated as?).

i would think about doing something like the following:

- cron fetchmail as your username
- have the following two rules at the top of your .procmailrc

:0:
* ^TO_herusername@jaycee.uklinux.org
/path/to/her/mbox

:0:
* ^TO_yourusername@jaycee.uklinux.org
/path/to/your/mbox

if you have other procmail rules for your own filtering, you can just
drop the last rule.  also, you'll need write permission to her mbox
in order to put stuff there obviously.  i'd recommend creating a group
that only the two of you are in, and make the file group-writable by
that group.

i'm sure there's a more graceful way to do this using procmail as an MDA,
but that's what i could come up with off the top of my head

hth
	sean