Re: Shadow RAM can't be disabled

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 09:05:18PM -0500, Mark A. F. wrote:
> What misbehaviors might I experience due to these settings?

While I haven't personally had experiance with such (broken) hardware
that shadowing couldn't be turned off, I would expect one of three
things to happen...

1) It Just Works(tm)
2) It won't work and nothing will fix it
3) It'll kind of work but will be suffering somewhat severely.

This is ordered in what's likely to happen.  Linux is fairly robust
these days.  From what Ive seen with very few exceptions is that on
hardware you're likely to come across, Linux supports it; better than
Windows does in many cases.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user