kernel-package happiness :)

Just a short note of thanks and kudos to the kernel-package team.

I am setting up a Dell 620SC (I think...) for a customer. The system includes 2 Intel E1000 ethernet ports, which aren't supported by the current stable distibution.

So, I got the current source and the Intel driver source, but the files in the right directories and did a make menuconfig. After a few simple choices there, I ran make-kpkg and I was set. A very nice tool, even fun to use!

After the _hours_ I've spent in the past this was great. This ease of use is why all my machines are Debian! Thanks!

Chris