Reverting to the stable distribution

Hi,

I changed my sources.list from

deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib

deb-src ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

Then I did an apt-get update, which I think has removed kde2 and
installed kde3.  The problem is kde3 won't run (I don't get any errors
it just sends me back to the login screen).

I want to revert back to the stable distribution so I changed my
sources.list to:

deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib

deb-src ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

and added the following line to apt.conf:

APT::Default-Release "stable";

I then did an apt-get update, but I still don't have kde2 back and I
can't run kde3.

If I do a apt-get install kde I get the following message:

root:~>apt-get install kde
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  kde: Depends: libarts or
                libarts-alsa but it is not going to be installed or
                libarts-bin but it is not installable
       Depends: libkmid or
                libkmid-alsa but it is not going to be installed or
                libkmid-bin but it is not installable
       Depends: kdebase-audiolibs but it is not going to be installed or
                kdebase3-audiolibs but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages

My question is how can I revert back to kde2?

Thanks,

David