Re: AW: Can debian detect a tape drive without rebooting?

Yildiz, Murat said:

> It couldn't detect the tape drive connected to aic7xxx.Is there anything
> else I can check?

try adding it manually, for one of my systems I have a tape drive
on SCSI ID 5 and I do:

echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 5 0" >/proc/scsi/scsi

to add it and

echo "scsi remove-single-device 0 0 5 0" >/proc/scsi/scsi

to remove it

I usually check /proc/scsi/scsi as well to be sure it's done properly.

never had a problem..

I do this with a Exabyte Tape drive as well as another SCSI enclosure
which has a toshiba SCSI cdrom and a HP CDRW.

nate