Disaster recovery

Hi folks--

Let's see: To recover from a destroyed machine (fire, flood, head-crash) I need: - debian install disk/CD for the new machine (which may be a different architecture).
 - list of installed packages (dpkg --get-selections)
 - backup of non-standard .conf files
 - server data backup  (account info, db's, etc.)
 - user data backup.

Is there a way to list the _non-default_, or modified, .conf files required to transferd/or restore a configuration?
Files like:
- krb5.conf;
- httpd.conf
- timezone
- cron.d files
- bind files

I already maintain the list of packages (dpkg --get-selections) but that only yields a default configuration.

Thanks,
--rich