Fonts in mozilla menus

Hi list

I have just started to try mozilla for e-mailing. The problem I have is: How do I change the font that is used in the menu bar and the message index? These are way too big (see screenshot at http://btcpxx.che.uni-bayreuth.de/CIP/biochem/bp0026/www/mozilla-font.png for better understanding. If I change the font size in the Preferences>Appearance>Fonts menu, only the font size of the message body changes, but the size there is OK.

Thanks
joerg