howto select webmail ???

I am looking for a webmail client.

Yes, I have done these:

	apt-cache search mail | grep -i web | sort
	dpkg -g <each interesting item>

Yes, I have also done due diligence, sought out each homepage, and read
through each as time allows.

However, nothing seems to fit my bill.

Here are my requirements/limitations:

[1] mutt is my primary mta, and this is not going to change.

[2] often, I am away from my office, in a windoze environment, and
exploder is more available than putty ;>

[3] I primarily use maildir

[4] however, so far, I am forced to use mbox for compressed archives ;<

[5] so, whatever webmail I use must peacefully coexist with mutt!

[6] I am researching IMAP servers, and am open to suggestions

[7] these criteria are immutable; but, I will consider limits to other
functionality

What do you think?

By-the-by, what is the difference between <imp> and <imp3>?  I have not
found a webpage, nor have I found reference here:
<http://www.horde.org/imp/> . . .

--
Best Regards,

mds