Re: CD-Text

* Rob Weir (rweir@ertius.org) [030226 20:01]:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 06:22:30PM +0200, Sergey A. Ovchar wrote:
> > Hi.
> > What is it the AudioCD-Text,
>
> It's a way of storing track and dsics names on the CD.  Very few
> commercial CDs support this, and fewer still players can read it.

Very few (if any ?) pc-based software supports it. I know that many, if
not all, Sony CD players do and I'm sure there are others. Surprisingly,
these "play everything under the sun" DVD players do *not* support it.

> > and how can I create it for my CD-player ?
>
> cdrdao can write cd text, but I think it depends on your CD
> writer...read the man page and give it a go.

I would venture to say that any "modern" cd-writer support cd-text. My
HP 8x does...

Hall