Re: Debian Download Problems

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 06:24 am, hlingis wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> ...I'm sure you've heard this before, I can't download an error free
> ISO of either version of potato or woody. I'm using frontiernet dsl
> (509 down-125up) on a hp xt953 with a hp pavilion mx70 display,1000mhz
> machine with easy disk creator basic. I'm a licensed tech instructor
> with a good handle on the mechanics of the process. Different files are
> corrupted with each attempt. I can get it installed by using different
> disks (each representing a different downloading attempt) at the
> corrupt notification-a creepy enterprise at best
snip

You didn't mention this....check the integrity of the dl'd iso with
md5sum.  Each iso has a md5sum you can dl from the iso site. This will
eliminate, or not, the iso as a possible cause and allow you to check
other possible issues. I do not know what the Windows or Mac equivilent
is to md5sum.
--
Greg Madden