Re: Installing debian

Carlos Taylor wrote:

I'm new and am trying to install debian on a Compaq Deskpro EN PC running a P-III(733MHz) processor. I downloaded 3 iso images:
debian-30r1-i386-binary-1
debian-30r1-i386-binary-2
debian-30r1-i386-binary-3
I then burned all 3 to separate CD's. I then set my BIOS to boot from the CD.
Nothing happens.  It does not boot from the CD.
Can someone give me instructions on how to install? Thanks a lot,
Carlos...

I suspect you burned the files to the CDs as just files; you need to find whatever option in your burning software allows you to create CDs from ISOs. If you just look at the CD from within Windows (or whatever OS you're using), you'll see the .iso file on the CD if this is the case.

Kent