Re: Nvidia kernel not autoloading

Harvey Kelly wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Oh dear.  A repartition, a reinstall of Woody, and...
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but upon booting-up, NVIDIA-kernel doesn't
> auto-install, and I have to su and cd ./NVIDIA_k* and then make install
> every time.  There's no problem with the NVIDIA_GLX though.
>
> It worked okay last time, but they were older drivers
>
> What am I missing?  Sorry if this has already been answered - I had a
> look through the archives but couldn't see anything.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Harvey

Chasing this one myself right now.

I have found the advice to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config and change the vid driver
from 'nv' to 'nvidia'.

Otherwise try reading this http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/1.0-4191/README
as there are a lot of options in the file that might cause the problem.

--
Best regards,

Peter Hugosson-Miller