Re: Xwrapper problem

Anders Malmberg wrote:

Hi!

I installed Debian/GNU Linux and some packages for running X server on
my Compaq N800c laptop. (I installed more packages.) As I am starting my system the Xserver does
not start. The error messages are
"X: unable to open wrapper config file /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config
X: Cannont stat /etc/X11/X (no such file or directory) abort"

Does anybody have a clue abuot what to do? I seem to be missing the
Xwrapper.config
file.

/Anders

It sounds like you don't enough X-related stuff installed. I'd probably do a quick:

apt-get install xserver-xfree86 xbase-clients xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-base xfonts-scalable

and see what that does for you.