Re: About to go all Deb

John Anderson wrote:

Any way to cut a long story short I have come up with the following, and would appreciate thoughts and guidence.

/boot		20meg
/		4gig
/var		8gig
/tmp		2gig
/usr		5gig

/swap ??? 750meg ram, and from what I have read it should equal the ram up to 256meg

/home	what ever is left

You're right, it's a matter of personal preference and needs. All of these partitions (except swap, which I'd probably make 1.5GB - twice the RAM, not that you'll ever need it probably with 750MB RAM, but you've got the drive space, so why not) are huge by my standards. I'd probably take a few gig from some of these and combine them to make a /scratch partition, just for future unknown needs. But again, it's personal preference and needs, and I suspect what you've got here will last a long time for you unless you're doing some really disk-space intensive things, like making digital movies.

Kent