Re: mount changes permissions of directory?

Hi Lukas

When I mount another filesystem, say /mnt/e which is a vfat partition, the
owner of the direcrtory /mnt/e changes to the user who mounts it. Thus only
he has access to the mounted filesystem - this makes sense imho. The problem
I have described earlier is, that a regular user can mount and unmount the
ntfs partition (readonly), but the directory is still owned by root. The
permissions are set to r-x------. so only root can enter and read the
directory - makes not sense imho... Let's try what happens when I set the
vfat partition to "user,ro" in /etc/fstab:
drwxr--r--    4 jorg     jorg        16384 1970-01-01 01:00 e
This is what I would expect for the ntfs partition, too.

Thanks for your info, but still seeking help

joerg