Re: Mail server

Asher Densmore-Lynn wrote:

Can anyone give me any figures on how much machine I need to serve as a mail server for N users?

I appreciate that every server is unique, but I can't judge these things for the life of me, and if I had baseline numbers I could modify them to suit. \:

I'm looking at a thousand users, but anything would help.

how long is a pice of string? a p120 with 32meg of ram can handle 30 users with ease. A p2-350 with 128 meg 200 with ease, depends on the use its put to.

I doubt its linear scaling, give us some numbers.

Thing