Re: OS X Games

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 01:44:26PM +0000, Keith O'Connell wrote:
>         Warcraft III is a CD for Windows and Mac OS X. Does the OS X
>         part suggest that is is likley that it might run nativly under
>         linux, or have I misunderstood OS X's similarith to Linux?

They're not sufficiently similar for that to work, no. Apart from
anything else, unless you're running Linux on PowerPC then it's a
different processor architecture. Also, while MacOS X under the hood is
similar to Linux in that it's a Unix-like operating system, it's a
different Unix-like operating system, essentially BSD.

Cheers,