Re: Multiple NICs with Monolithic kernel

Michael West wrote:
On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 11:41:30PM +1100, Russell Shaw wrote:

Michael West wrote:

I am having trouble setting up a system for 3 nic cards with a monolithic
kernel ( 2.4.18 )

The three cards are identical and use the eepro100 driver.

For testing I have them set up on the same sub-net.  All three cards are
getting assigned all three ips.

I am not passing any kernel parameters

Here is my /etc/network/interfaces

I think broadcast addresses are set automatically, and you don't
need gateways if you have no external network. The three NICs use
three separate cables, so these are three different nets:

Seperate cables to not mean seperate nets. In my case they were all going into the same hub.

I haven't used hubs before. Do all the input and output ports
have the same IP address? Can you do that on a pc?