Re: command-line biff?

on Sun, 23 Feb 2003 06:45:07PM +0100, Ismael Valladolid Torres insinuated:
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 11:38:29AM -0500, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > does anyone know of a command-line version of some biff or buffy
> > or whatever (mail notification program)?
>
> Why not just putting the path to your mailbox in the MAILPATH
> environment variable?

because i don't just want a "you have new mail" at the command line, i
want -- for each box -- to see how many messages are in that box when
i tell it to tell me.

maybe i should modify my script so it uses the MAILPATH variable,
instead of a .xbuffy file, though -- that's kind of cool.

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/