Re: debian kernel configuration

hi andreas,

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 09:29:14AM -0700, Andreas J Guelzow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know where I can find the kernel configuration for the
> debian kernels (the 2.4.18-smp to be exact)? I have to recompile the
> kernelafter changing a few settings and would like to start with the
> settings in the default kernel (since I know that they are working,
> except that they don't support all the memory I would like to use).

the first place i'd recommend looking would be in /boot if you have
the kernel already installed.  there should be a config-`uname -r` with
your current kernel's config if you've installed a debian stock kernel
or one you've made yourself with make-kpkg.  if you can't install it,
i'd recommend downloading the package and extracting the config
manually.

hth
	sean