Re: command-line biff?

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 11:38:29AM -0500, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > take a look at mailstat (comes w/procmail), which might do
> > something along the lines of what you're interested in.
>
> this only uses procmail logs, though, right?  and i can't see how to
> make it tell me just what's *new* in the mailbox?

right.  the idea is that you use it without -k, such that it truncates
the log every time you call it, and if there's mail in the log, it's
new.  of course if you've already read it it doesn't matter, so this
program does have its deficiencies.  plus, if you want to actually
keep your logs around for posterity...  how does your script do
this?

	sean