Re: [OT] Actually Way OT - Debian version names

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 09:39:25PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 10:03:02AM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> > Sid, by the way, was the nasty little boy next door who dismembered toys
> > for fun -- hence the use of his name for the unstable branch.
>
> The testing branch, before it moved to testing, was assigned the name
> "sid,"

... I don't understand. The only names the testing branch has ever had
since its creation are "woody" and "sarge".

> and after it got bacronymed as still-in-development when testing
> forked off the unstable branch,

The still-in-development backronym has been around for a good bit longer
than testing, if memory serves. "sid" used to be the name assigned to
the part of the archive containing non-release-candidate architectures.

Cheers,