RE: update Gnome 2.0 : dependencies

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 00:48, Scott Henson wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 18:19, M. Kirchhoff wrote:
> > I don't speak German, but I understand your question because I'm getting
> > the same error messages!  As a newbie, I have no idea what's causing
> > them or how to fix them...
>
> Hmmm... are you using unstable? Because I remember a few weeks ago
> seeing some of this stuff, but it all worked itself out(it was due to
> the 2.0 to 2.2 transition).  But I dont have a gdm2 package on my
> system.  Try just installing gnome and gdm.  That should get you all you
> need.
shenson2@GreyGhost:~$ apt-cache policy gdm
gdm:
  Installed: 2.4.1.3-1
  Candidate: 2.4.1.3-1
  Version Table:
 *** 2.4.1.3-1 0
        500 http://harshy.homelinux.org ./ Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.2.5.5-2 0
        500 http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov unstable/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Packages

oops... maybe if you want the latest gdm you should try putting that
harshy.homelinux.org stuff into your sources.list.

deb http://harshy.homelinux.org/files/debian/ ./
deb-src http://harshy.homelinux.org/files/debian/ ./

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>