Re: automatically removing dependencies with packages?

* Ray Kohler (ataraxia@cox.net) [030222 12:51]:
> Is there a way to automatically remove all dependencies of a package
> (that aren't otherwise needed)? If I install a big package with dozens
> of dependencies and I decide I don't want it, I don't like to root out
> all of its dependencies by hand. I could do this on FreeBSD using
> 'pkg_delete -R'. Any equivalent here?

I don't know of an automatic way, but 'deborphan' may be a start...
After you remove a package that you know brought additional ones with
it, run deborphan and it *should* find those "leftovers". I use it quite
often. I try lots of programs and if I don't like them, I try and
remember to remove them. I hate clutter...

Hall