Re: nvidia driver for debian testing

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:25:57AM -0800, Dennis Krinke wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to install nvidia 3D driver for riva tnt on debian testing,
> kernel 2.4.20-k6. Originally, I tried from nvidia source,
> now I am trying from debian packages. I can compile the package
> nvidia-kernel-2.4.20-k6_1.0.3123-3+_i386.deb,
> but it does not load.
> If I try to force insert the module I get many unresolved symbol errors,
> just like when I tried to compile from nvidia source.

are you sure you're building against the kernel headers for the
kernel that you're running?  if you're running a stock debian kernel,
move any kernel source you have in /usr/src out of the way, install the
kernel-headers package for your kernel (apt-get install
kernel-headers-2.4.20-k6 maybe?), and then re-compile your module
against that like you did previously.

hth
	sean