Re: Gnome workspaces

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 10:13:30AM -0500, Bob Paige wrote:
| I've noticed an odd behavior of Gnome.
| | I have a keystroke mapped to the sawfish event to go to the next | workspace. If I try to go to the 'next' one when I'm already at the | 'last' one, it adds a new one. I've checked 'workspaces' in the control | center and it is still set to '4'. | | How do I get rid of these extra workspaces without logging out and | logging back in?

Look in sawfish' configuration.  It has the option to
   1)  add another, empty, workspace
   2)  wrap around to the first
   3)  do nothing

Options 1 and 2 are gone in sawfish 1.2.  (I like option #2)

sawfish also has the option to automatically delete empty workspaces.
OK. I feel like an idiot. Now it works as expected.

- Bobman