Printing duplex & 2 pages per side of each sheet

I have tried the following commands

 'mpage -2 -P- file.ps > outfile.ps'

 'psnup -2 file.ps outfile.ps'

'psnup -2 -c file.ps outfile.ps'

They all give me 2 pages of the original document on each side of the sheet of
paper, but everything is upside down on the back of the sheet. The resulting
document behaves like those big calendars, I have to turn the pages upwards,
when I really want it to be like a book and turn them sideways. When I open
up the document, I want there to be 4 pages from the original document next
to each other.

Does anybody know what to do? I could solve my problem by rotating every even
page in outfile.ps 180 degrees, but I don't know how to do that.