Re: CUPS Stable & Testing

sdownes wrote:
Cannot get anything to print direct to lp or lpr. I can get it to print to lp -d lp@host no problem.

I appear to have the default printer set to lp & am working (initially) from that host. I can move the default to another printer but this makes no difference.

As some of my software will only print to lp &therefore will not print (notably openoffice) this is a pain.

Any ideas please?

Steve

Which CUPS packages do you have installed? I am using CUPS here and OpenOffice + all other apps print just fine. Specifically, do you have the cupsys-bsd package installed? This package allows printing via CUPS from apps that are looking for a BSD-style printing system.

I am willing to compare setups, but will need a bit more info about yours...

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-