Re: wine and IE

Robert Ewald wrote:

<snip>

even with comlpiant browsers, valid html and valid css you can still get
display difference between browsers!

take the following (abrevieted) example

<head>
#big {width : 100px; height :100px; background-color : red;}
#small {width : 50px; height: 50px; background-color : blue;}
</head>
a small div containing
a big div

 now there is nothing invalid about either the CSS or the HTML above

But it is clearly bad coding - the big div can't fit inside the small
one - and the browser has to either increase the size of the small div,
decrease the big one, break the containment ...

This is clearly not logical, so why does the browser render it at all or tries to guess what the designer really meant? That makes no sense to me. Why not just saying bug in line 11, or something?

well untill browsers do much more error reporting than is available at the moment - we still have to test websites on multiple browsers (or code without any logic errors ;)

--

Sean Burlington