Re: cdrecord image

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 11:09:20AM +1100, Michael Wardle wrote:
> On Thursday, February 20, 2003 10:07, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> > In order to write files to a burner I issue the following command:
> > mkisofs -R -J /directory/with/files | cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -v -
> >
> > However, I can't figure out how to issue the command to write an *iso
> > image to a writable CD. Can anyone help me?
>
> You could always read the man pages for mkisofs and cdrecord. :-P
>
> To create a CD image using mkisofs, add the -o option
> (example: mkisofs -R -J -o cdimage.iso /directory)
>
> To write a CD image using cdrecord, just specify the file name
> (example: cdrecord -dev=0,0,0 -v- cdimage.iso)
>
> I'm not too sure how reliable it is to use a pipe between the two; I
> would be worried that using a pipe would make a buffer underrun more
> likely.

It works fairly well; I have a P3-450, and I can burn at 8x (the highest
speed my burner supports) quite easily with a pipe.  I usually crank up
cdrecord's FIFO size to 16m (fs=16m) though, because I'm a cheap bastard
and don't want to risk making a coaster :)

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>				http://ertius.org/