Re: Free fonts

Will Trillich sez:
} On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 06:00:17PM +0100, Wim De Smet wrote:
} > Could anybody help me out in just how you install a font under X?
[...]
} ...and i thought all would be lovely. sadly, my font menu didn't
} change, even after restarting (and the stopping, cold, and
} re-starting from scratch) the x window server.
}
} so to answer your question, you can apt-get install some fonts;
} getting them to work with your setup, ah -- there's the rub.
[...]
} at least until the lights come on. anybody know where the switch
} is? :)

Depending on how fonts are managed on your box, you need to
dpkg-reconfigure something. I reconfigure fontconfig and defoma, but only
because I'm not 100% sure which one is relevant.

--Greg